12826847

I have 2 CCJ which i want to fight and set aside judgement.

HiI have 2 CCJ which i want to fight and set aside judgement. I have basis for that as well. I am looking for a lawyer who can assisnt me please?I am from London

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I can tell you what to do but obviously we can't do it for you on this site?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have 2 CCJ which were dispute with clients and i was not aware of any legal proceedings against me and they went to court and had judgement. I was not living at the address where notice was served and I have proof of that as well. Also both CCJ were on false basis and I have all documents to proof i provided services and payments were against those services. I am looking for a lawyer who can assist me in removing those from my file. Can you help and what are your fee too. Thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How can i contact you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can i send documents for review?

What documents?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what I should do to quash the CCJ or remove then from my register.?

If there is a valid basis upon which the claim may be contested, like a dispute over liability, then you do have the option to apply to set aside the judgment.

You can do that using the N244 forms although there is a fee. The application will be heard fairly quickly but you can also request that the execution is stayed in the meantime.

If judgment is set aside there will no longer be a debt although it may be brought again.

If you apply to set judgment aside you should draft your intended defence and give it to the court as part of your application.

A good idea is to ask the creditor if they agree with the application. Often they will and then it is almost automated. If they do agree, write to them confirming the agreement and copy it to the court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your advice.

No problem.

All the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
one last Q if CCJ is 6 years old and not on my register anymore, do i still have to disclose to home office when applying for citizenship?

It depends on the wording of the question but almost certainly not as it is over 6 years old.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Welcome.