31090051

I want to shut down a non-profit limited company. But I

I want to shut down a non-profit limited company. But I would like to keep the social media platforms and audience it has built up - also the blog site. If I've closed the limited company what can I do with these - do I have to change the name to something else, and can it be similar to the original?

Thanks for your question. I am a media solicitor in the UK. Assuming you controlled the company that is now non trading or removed from the register, you are entitled to transfer the ownership of the social media platforms to you as an individual and continue using them. I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything, I am always happy to help.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Could these platforms retain a name/function related to the original one? (campaigning on housing issues)

Yes you can. There is nothing to stop you. I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything, I am always happy to help.