How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 632
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

I have a question about title deeds, no not yet, in slough,

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question about title deeds
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: in slough
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good afternoon

I hope you are well.

How can I assist you today?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Marian
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am well thank you, ***** ***** a question about title deeds

What is your question? I deal with property law so I can assist you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my father is trying to sell a property he has been paying a mortgage on for the past 18 years, however when the house was bought, he used his friends name at the time because he was unable to get a mortgage at that date. The guy who’s name is ***** ***** house is refusing to give his ID even though he has nothing to do with the property and hasn’t paid a penny towards the house.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What would be the best course of action to sell the property now even though my dad has been paying the mortgage but the house is on another name
If your dad is able to prove that it was always intended that the house was his and the friend had no interest, was to have no interest and has not paid anything towards the property since it was purchased, your dad may be able to apply to court and obtain a court order.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you! Yeah my dad has paid for the whole time! Where would be the best place to apply for this court order?
He would need to apply to court.
Are there solicitors involved?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No not yet!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Actually well my dad is speaking to solicitors about it so I guess they will know how to apply
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your help though!
No problem. Id be grateful if you could rate my response so im credited with assisting you today.
MarianC and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yeah sure

Thank you