Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am the director of a Ltd company alongside my business

I am the director of a Ltd company alongside my business partner. We are both also the only shareholders of the company.When we started the company we owned 50% of the shares each and had 50% control.In February 2020 we agreed to change the split to 60%/ 40% in my favour. My business partner is responsible for companies house updates and accounting and he updated the person of significant control on companies house but not the statement of capital. This month the then updated the persons of significant control back to 50% without my agreement.We are now in a dispute about the split of shares. I have written evidence of his agreement to the 60/40 split - emails and slack messages. Would this be legally enforceable?What is my best course of action?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

It sounds like you have a partner dispute.

Yes, if you have evidence regarding the agreed split, then this is a contract.

If they refuse to make an amendment you can ask a court to make a declaration as to who owns what.

But to answer your question, emails and messages are legally binding.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site credits me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.