How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18407
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a problem with the a company whom I have made 3

This answer was rated:

I have a problem with the a company whom I have made 3 individual purchases through them, back in June 13th, 21st and 23rd.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi, I live in Rochford Essex.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have tried 3 times to get in touch with them but they continue to say that the credits have expired.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry for the delay as I am not too fast with the typing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
13 June 2020 Ice mesh boxers £12.99
Trans ID *****************
21st June 2020
4 in a row garden game £12.99
Trans ID 6HS308984E577793K
23rd June 2020 3 japanese maple acer trees £14.99
Trans ID 4AV88979A0306542
AA reference #17779048-8760
I can forward the emails to you if required.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site credits me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you