JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:,, i found a company who has an engineer to do the

FAO: Jim,
Hi Jim,
i found a company who has an engineer to do the inspection on the car.
Now, I need to know what shall I do before I proceed on my own, or shall I ask the other party if they agree on them ?
The cost is £650 and as far as I remember - the judge said that reasonable cost will be up to 700.
Any advice what shall i do first and what it should be ?
Thanks !

Hi, this is Jim and thanks for the further question.
Yes, if you send the details of the engineer to the defendant, ask them for their agreement by Friday of this week, 4pm. Tell them if they do not agree or do not reply then you will proceed to instruct them. I do not think the other side will reply to you. Or they may and they will simply tell you their disagree, though they need to say why they disagree.
Let me know how you get on anyway.
Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Just to clarify, according to the judge directions, the engineer should have been chosen by 20 July 2020.
It is past due, we have not agreed on any other. So do I need to send it to the defendant, just o cover my side ?

Hi there, yes you can do so and write to the court to confirm the situation - delays are usually fine as long as the delay doesn't cause a knock on delay with the court directions

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Thanks Jim!

no problem, thanks again