How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1951
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

There was a case in which i was one of the defendant's back

This answer was rated:

Good Afternoon,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: There was a case in which i was one of the defendant's back in 2014. Now I'm trying to obtain that order. I found out that it hasn't been sealed and therefore I can't have it. Is there any action I can take?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm located in London. And the case was submitted to High court of Justice Chancery division
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I'v contacted Admin Officer who has found the case and he said he will send it to the Masters for their review. Weather they can seal it.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But I tried contact the the same person to see if there is any come back from the masters but no luck for two weeks know


Welcome to JA.

I suggest you write to the Claimant or the other Defendants as they may have a copy of the order in question. Further if they have a copy they will share it with you.

Do you understand what i have stated, if yes i will provide an alternative step?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
But what legal reasons does court have not to issue it to me. Because without that order I cannot proceed further amending Title Register with Land Registry? So therefore the justice can not bee served.

I cant think of any legal reasons why the court should issue the order to you which concerns a matter directly related to you especially when you are a defendant in the case.

Therefore i suggest you write to the court to request a copy of the order and if they cant provide the same they should provide detailed reasons why they cannot provide it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you very much

Your welcome.

Please before you leave JA today please leave a positive rating for the assistance provided as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Thanks and stay safe

Anthony Chendo and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you