12826847

We have booked a trip with Imperial Corporate to travel to

We have booked a trip with Imperial Corporate to travel to Venice and return on the Simplon-Orient-Express in November 2020 this trip as been moved until March 2021 due to restrictions on travel but we are already going on a trip in March 2021 so we would like a refund but Imperial Corporate will not refund our money, according to their contract if we cancel we will have to pay the full amount, we have not cancelled they have postponed the trip how do we stand?
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: the company we booked the trip with is Imperial Corporate it was to be originally in November but due to the travel restrictions it have been moved to 23/03/2021 but we have booked with them to go to Dublin in 19th March until 21st March 2021 to see the rugby and the date that they have changed the trip to Venice is 23/03/2021, as my husband has health issues we would not be able to travel on those dates as we arrive back from Dublin on the Sunday and we would arrive home late Sunday evening we would then have to travel to the airport on the Monday for the flight on the Tuesday this would be too much for us.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing at the moment I have 7 days to reply to them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What is the sum in question please?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
163;8,789

Has anybody called?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
According to your answer you would call me
Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
As per my previous advice and the advice I received from the lawyer who told me that I am entitled to a full refund. Below is the reply from Imperial Corporate, how do I stand.I can advise unfortunately a refund is not available for this event, as outlined in clause 8 of the signed terms and conditions, should the performance of the services be prevented or delayed by circumstances outside of Imperial Corporate Events control, we are able to offer clients an alternative event of a similar nature & value, ‘a substitute event’ (clause 8.3). In the case of this event, which has been prevented, the substitute event is for the same event, package & quantity on a revised date in 2021, with no price increase. If you choose not to accept the substitute event, unfortunately clause 10 comes in play, as this is seen as an instruction of yourself cancelling the contract, where by 100% cancelation fees will be incurred. Please be assured we have taken full legal advice regarding this.

I'm really sorry about this but I didn't accept or make that call so I don't know what was said and I can't comment upon it.

Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
The lawyer rang me and said that under the circumstances I am entitled to a full refund, alternatively contact money claim .gov. I just need to know how I stand in getting a refund,

I can't really comment upon somebody else's advice.

On the face of it, I would agree that you could argue that the booking you made has changed so fundamentally that you would be entitled to cancel and be refunded.

But I don't know what their legal advice is.

Can you ask them to specify?