How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1801
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I, I live in Barbados and my husband lives in the uk.... our

This answer was rated:

Hello, i
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Barbados and my husband lives in the uk.... our 2 children live with me
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We did not go through family court, the settlement was done in uk prior to divorce I gained his written consent to bring children to Barbados
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I moved tomthe
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know what legal course does my husband have if he wanted the children to return to uk to live with him
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this matter? This is an email service so there may be a delay on my answer but I will answer your question here.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi, I’ve not discussed with anyone
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’ve not used this service before so would you like me to briefly outline / put the 2 questions I would like advice on?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Seeking advice on:
1. If my ex husband seeks to have children live with him in u and I don’t, what is the legal procedure?2. Deed of Separation (Settlement reached before Decree Absolute received) include Child Maintenance agreed with no amount stipulated. Can this be reviewed through the court on request?
Hi, thank you for your message. He can apply for a child arrangement order through the courts which can determine who sees the children and when. It will be for the courts to decide based on your circumstances and in the best interest of the child. I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Does the child arrangement order through the courts also encompass any review of child maintenance?
Hi, thank you for your message. No this is separate. You need to contact the child maintenance services for this. Best wishes.
Joy Nicholas and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you...