How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1841
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

My brother is executor of my father's estate,who died 2018.

This answer was rated:

My brother is executor of my father's estate,who died 2018 . I am in debt and he will not release any funds.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Manchester
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: For what
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What evidence do you require
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm why will he not release funds? This is an email service so there may be a delay on my answer but I will answer your question here.
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1841
Experience: Lawyer
Joy Nicholas and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He doesn't want to , there are funds he is still yet to verify the tax office has been informed but the house is sold he doesn't want to allow any payment until the other account is sorted this could take years
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will I be charged for the call
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No answer

Hello yes, the usual charge is £44 I believe. It shouldn't take years, does he have a solicitor? If so you need to contact this solicitor and inform them that you wish to have a full accounting to date or you will lodge a formal complaint. Executors have a duty of care to beneficiaries and you may be able to request an interim payment at least. if you start pestering the solicitor this may get results.

Kind regards

Kindly rate my response thank you

Hello, do you still wish to have a telephone call?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No call thanks

Hi thank you for your message, I will give you a call to discuss matters later this evening as I feel a call is necessary to assist you better further, you have now paid for a call.

hello, I am sorry for the confusion, if you do not wish to receive a call please contact the admin people and request a refund, thank you. We can still continue the conversation.

Kind regards


Hi just to confirm I will call as requested as this is needed to answer your call