Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been sold Google advertising management, the first

I have been sold Google advertising management, the first month was meant to be just add spend with following months adding their management fee. They failed to get results and were unorganised so I decided to stop before the second payment originally agreed for a second set of add spend. They took the money without notice despite accepting my cancellation.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Yes I have contacted them explaining my position and recalled the money from my bank, to which they decided to just take another payment out in response and threatened debt collection if I did the same again. There should be an active mis selling investigation underway but I am getting no updates on that, they just keep raiding my account and my bank despite being told to stop them have let them twice now
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: The business is located in London UK, but this is for Google advertising spend/management so is an online product
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to understand my rights as a commercial business to complain under mis selling. They said I was paying for add spend and now they say the first payment covers add set up (they create a landing page) and second payment is more for add spend. This is not what was explained at any piont.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
It sounds like you want to know how to get your money back from Google
You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?
If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site credits me for the time spent answering your question.
If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Its not Google we paid but rather a 3rd party to manage the add spend, at this piont we just want an account of what was spent and a refund on what had not been spent which we know is less than 50% of what's been taken.If they have stated it is add spend and nos changed the definition of whats being payed for does this constitute mis selling?

You can sue the third party. I agree, it does constitute mis-selling.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

My pleasure