How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12550
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

FAO: Jim, Topic: Summary Judgement Template Jim, do you have

This answer was rated:

FAO: Jim,
Topic: Summary Judgement TemplateHi Jim,
do you have any templates to write a request for summary judgment.
I wish to send the letter to the court as per your advice.BTW, do you provide support o.u_t.s,i-d'e this portal? If so - how can I contact you directly ?
Thank you.

Hi, this is Jim, thanks for the question.

I have no template but you could say something like this :

FAO: The court manager, claim number:
Name of claimant v name of defendant

I write further to the above matter and to enclose correspondence from the defendant dated (insert date), which was a without prejudice communication to myself.
I ask the court to consider whether to grant summary judgment under CPR rule 24. To remind the court, under that rule:

The court may give summary judgment against a claimant or defendant on the whole of a claim or on a particular issue if –

(a) it considers that –

(ii) that defendant has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim or issue; and

(b) there is no other compelling reason why the case or issue should be disposed of at a trial.

I submit that the defendant has made an offer, the full sum was not offered given they are impecunious. I ask the court to exercise its general case management powers and to grant summary judgment. There is no reason why this case has to continue to trial, using up court time and incurring expense on my part, to include the commission of an expert report. My submission is that the trial judge is likely to interpret the defendant's correspondence as admission of liability, and the only reason why they have not paid this claim in full is that they do not currently have the means.
I thank the court for its assistance and await hearing from you,

Yours sincerely,

(your name)

*if you send that to the court by email, follow up with a call after two days, ask if your email will be passed to a district judge. You may be told to make a formal application instead, which is done on form N244 and requires the usual £255 fee (which is recoverable from the defendant if your application succeeds).
I can only deal with this in the usual way, not outside of the site, sorry. I am available most days including weekends.
Many thanks,


With your email to the court, also attach the defendant's emails with the offers they made

JimLawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, Jim
you are very helpful.
I will make up something soon and will send new question to check if all looks ok.
Thanks again!

Yes, no problem at all, thanks and speak soon