How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4170
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

A website has removed my byline on a number of stories and

This answer was rated:

A website has removed my byline on a number of stories and changed names and locations ... the rest of the work is 99pc mine
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have asked for bylines to be put back or the work to be taken down. the owner of the site referred us to his solicitor - however, the solicitor named had no knowledge of the owner and confirmed he was NOT acting for him
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment ...

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. You can send them a Cease and Desist letter and request information on sales they have made for financial gain and warn that if they do not confirm immediately that they have stopped their breach of your copyright you would be pursuing them for damages. As long as you have the originals and you can evidence that it is your work and theirs is copied you stand a very good chance of securing some damages. You do not need to register your copyright in England and Wales for you to claim your rights. I hope this helps and all the best.

SolicitorRM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
thank you that confirms my thoughts
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
no thank you... where do i rate your response?