Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Thank you Jo. That helps. It’s a uk magistrates and was due

Thank you Jo.
That helps. It’s a uk magistrates and was due to driving over the alcohol limit.If I call the court tomorrow to discuss what you mentioned is it wise I hire a solicitor for this?
Thanks again

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

It sounds like you have been convicted in your absence.

As such you need to make a statutory declaration.

This is where you swear before a Judge that you did not know of the proceedings.

The process will then start again. This should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site credits me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Jo C.I hope you are well.I had a court date for a drink driving offence which happened in May. It has been adjourned 4 times due to impacts of Covid-19. I have not received a letter since it was last adjourned to august.
I found out the court date was on the 10th September but I did notreceive a letter, hence my call to find out when it will be.I didn’t ask what to do over the phone as I wanted to seek advice on what to do. I was prepared to attend and plea guilty but with some mitigating factors.Can you advise of the best course of action to take now to get this re arranged to it doesn’t appear in crown court.Yes I spoke with them today and the date was 10th sept 2020. The last 3 dates were on the 17th. I had thought I would of received a letter stating prior but double checked today before tomorrow encase the date remained the 17th as the court has now re opened
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Sorry I previously spoke with Jo C so copy and pasted. Thank you for support Jamie

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
How do I make a statutory declaration
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I need to call the court directly to arrange this or online via an online uk.gov website ?

You need you to call the court.

They will set it down for hearing for you.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Ok that’s brilliant thank you, ***** ***** last question. I have located a statuary declaration form on the Gov website which I can fill out for the court. So when I call and visit I have it prepared. Is that advised?Many thanks for your help again hugely appreciated

You can do, yes.

That may assist you

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
absolutely thank you so much have a great evening / day.

All the best. If I could invite you to give me a positive rating before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.