Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

For a new build apartment, If discovered any defects on the

For a new build apartment , If discovered any defects on the property within short period such as leaking pipe, cracked walls, broken fitted in washing machine, who I should turn to for help? Thanks.
Hi, thank you for your message. You should contact your insurance company and the building company. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We only got the building insurance warranty, but it’s mainly for the structure only, and the excess is £1000 for every claim. We don’t know the building company. Is the developer you mean?
Hi, thank you for your message. Yes you can contact the developer. If there is a dispute you will need to instruct a solicitor in your area to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk you will be able to search by specialism and area.