MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

My landlord is a charity and I have a licence with them not

Hi. My landlord is a charity and I have a licence with them not a contract. I have emailed them about something and they have taken offence 2 one of the lines in the email. They say it is defamatory and I need to apologise to the manager, clerk and trustees. I believe what I said is true and do not really want to apologise. If I dont are they writhing there eights to take my licence away and evict me?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lower early, reading, berkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I asked for a meeting 2 discuss it further but they have refused. They say their request for an apology still stands
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Morning

I hope you are well.

Do you have a copy of your licence please?

Can you also confirm what it was you stated that they are arguing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have copy of licence. I said they had knowing house a n 85 yr old lady in a freezing cold flat which could of been detrimental to her health and well being. I know this flat was extremely cold because I was in it and had 2 move out. I am 51

Sorry, I am unavailable to take a call at the moment.

Are you able to upload a copy of the licence here so i can take a look?