F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I am a partner in an architectural practice which I am

I am a partner in an architectural practice which I am looking to retire from. My partner and I will still be providing architectural services, however, we will be undertaking these separately. I have agreed for him to continue with the company number but under a separate name, therefore effectively a new company. I have agreed to this purely to enable him to obtain a mortgage through proof of income. I do not wish for him to solicit any of the clients that I put into the company as they are clients that i have built up a relationship with over 15 years. Do I have to include a period of time for non solicitation? or can it just state that he is not to solicit my named clients?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the Uk.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have had a draft deed of retirement drawn up which we are currently negotiating
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not at this time thank you

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

who has written this deed?

and can you upload it using the paperclip symbol above top left?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Written by Kirkland and Lane LLP, in Southwell
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't see paper clip!