Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I am trying to build a cloud based application .The software

Customer Question

I am trying to build a cloud based application .The software development is about to start .The software takes free contributions from people and plans to allow use of the software for a price.Can you guide me?
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Bangalore,India
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: 1.I am getting a specialist software company to do the development.So I need paperwork to ensure that I retain all rights to the software 2. Many professionals from different countries are likely to contribute to the development of this cloud based application.I need all rights to their contributions though I am not remuneration them.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: 3.The contributions from several people will be aggregated into one product and will be available for use subject to a fee That bus the flesh of the subject
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 3 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

This is a complicated matter which requires a detailed discussion where I can provide bespoke advice. I suggest that we have a detailed telephone discussion. Please accept the site’s offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 23 hours ago.

I note that you have not replied to my request for further information. I shall therefore post a “general answer” to your type of legal issue. Please revert to me if I am mistaken as to your type of legal issue or the answer does not fit the facts of your situation and I shall be delighted to amend my answer accordingly.

There are plenty of online legal databases such as Simply-Docs and Rocket Lawyer where non-lawyers can download free legal documents, such as Terms and Conditions, Sale and Supply Contracts and Privacy and Cookies Policies, for a reasonable subscription price.

However, non-lawyers drafting their own legal contracts and policies (even if they are based on cogent, reliable precedents) is often a recipe for disaster as the documents will contain legal terminology that laypersons do not understand.

As result, there has been a spike in Probate and Commercial Contracts Litigation in recent years due to “homemade” Wills and Contracts that were drafted by laypersons who did not appreciate or understand some of the legal terminology. This has led to confusion, uncertainty and dispute and has cost them thousands more in legal fees fighting a former business partner who has taken issue with what the parties thought was agreed at the time.

As your Commercial Contracts Solicitor instructed under a formal solicitor-client retainer with my main “virtual” law firm, I can provide a much more thorough and bespoke document-drafting service beyond that which I can provide on Just Answer (which is very often “pointing customers in the right direction” for the purposes of obtaining further legal advice) and draft you a set of contracts and policies which are robust, effective and protect your commercial and legal interests as far as the law permits.

Better to spend a few hundred or even thousand pounds on solicitors’ fees at the outset of a deal and get it right from Day 1 rather than risking losing many thousands more in damages and legal costs if things go wrong at a later date.

I see several types of commercial contracts that you will need for this project, including:

- Cross Border Joint Venture Agreements;

- Supply of Goods and Services Agreements;

- Data Processing Agreements;

- Software As A Service Agreements;

- Intellectual Property Rights Agreements;

- Terms and Conditions;

- Privacy Policies;

- Cookies Policies;

- Non-Disclosure Agreements.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd