13262538

Manchester, UK. If a commercial building is sold with help

Manchester, UK. If a commercial building is sold with help of a realtor, would there be use of an escrow company to attend to details of the closing details? Property taxes, government required insurance, transfer of title and registering of title, payment of realtor commission? If no escrow company is used would the realtor be used? Or Would an attorney be needed?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The previous question is very important to have answered but leads to thos question: the realtors commission was not paid. The taxes were not paid the gov.insurance was not paid at closing of the sale of this commercial building. The bank account was Locked by the gov. until the taxes and insurance was paid. The money was then released to the seller but the commission was still neglected to be paid. A verbal agreement was made with the realtor. The seller remained in Manchester for several months and the realtor has not been paid his commission.
The realtor had the seller arrested and jailed and the police are holding the sellers passport till half the commission is paid. That's is the simple short version and what I understand of the story. Can a realtor "creditor" get the police to arrest the seller "debtor" based on the above scenario?
Thank you for your review and your time.i hope to find numerous abnormalities to the full story I have described.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am sorry that it is giving you troubles. I will be glad to wait. Thank you for your persistence.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Just to check - has this happened to someon eyou know?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am in the US. my phone is not set up to call overseas. I am fine with a charge as is stated. I am driving to a job in a couple minutes. Can you let me know your schedule and suggestions to have the conversation? We are 8 hours behind you which is a challenge for you. Let me know what works.
Respectfully,
Art Wenholz

I suspect thi si some one you now over the internet - is that correct?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She is a friend who lives in California not Manchester, UK.
My job timing just changed so when you are available I should be able to make myself available. If you call me, we should be able to connect or I will purchase international calling. I use Verizon service.

The problem is that none of this story can be true.

One point is the use of the word Realtor -not a word that is used in the UK. Nor do we use Escrow in property transactions.

The transaction would have to have been dealt with by a solicitor - who would have made sure that the Land Registry Fees and the Stamp Duty are paid prior to the completion of the transaction as otherwise the property cannot be registered inthe new owners name - not because the Government would freeze bank accounts. What happens is that the money is paid by the purchasers solicitor to the sellers solicitor who then goes ahead and deals with the Stamp Duty and the fees for registering the transfer

The sellers solicitor only has to pay any morgage - the Agency (Realtors) fees and the rest is paid to the seller who then deals with any Taxes that may be due.

If the agents fees are not paid then they have to sue the seller there is no police involvement, no jail and no seizing of passports

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You have verified enough details to answer the questions sufficiently to make decisions I knew had to be made. At this time I need to line up the story with fact and compare notes. I believe you have given enough details and facts to make appropriate and accurate decisions. I may have a few more questions to clarify specific items. I believe you see the situation as it is! Let me know what I owe for this info so I can compensate you.
Respectfully,
Art Wenholz
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Clare, I have not found a way to compensate you for your help and I fully intend to do so. Please advise a method to do so.
Art Wenholz
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just found the payment method. I compensated you $50.00. I don't know how much time it took. I want it to be a fair amount so let me know what is still owed.
Art Wenholz