Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

Do you need to put the words “letters before action” in a

Customer Question

Do you need to put the words “letters before action” in a letter to a supplier demanding a refund if it states in the letter that you will start legal proceedings if not paid within a certain time .. thanks
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 15 days ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day. Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

You don't have to include the words "letter before actions" however it is advisable that it is made clear in the letter that you are complying with the Pre-Action Protocol which states that the parties must attempt to avoid litigation wherever possible and that you would consider mediation or any other alternative dispute resolution in order to avoid the need for the matter to be resolved by the courts.

I hope this answers your question.

Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.