How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 708
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

How do I go about getting court of protection for my

Customer Question

How do I go about getting court of protection for my alcoholic daughter?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no,I don’t know where to start
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in hackney
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. You can apply for the Court of Protection Deputyship Order yourself, but most people find the forms very confusing. This is the website.

Alternatively any solicitor can make the application for you - there are fixed costs of roughly £1,000 plus VAT plus the court application fee of £365, with no VAT.

If you prefer to use a solicitor then I would be happy to assist.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m sorry,I don’t have that sort of money but I will go on website thank you for your help the situation is dire.
Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

Do you need any further assistance today?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

Thank you.