How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78637
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Alexandru and I would like to make a complaint to dcb legal

Customer Question

my name is***** and I would like to make a complaint to dcb legal because on 31/03/2020, 09 / 03.2020, 17.02.2020 I got some parking fines in The market shopping center, Crewe, CW12NG.
Because I moved from that address I no longer had access to the mailbox there, I could not see the fines to pay them, having changed all the documents to my new address. On 03.08.2020 I received another letter to pay an amount of 480 pounds because I did not pay the three fines on time.
In the meantime I called dcb legal to report that I had moved to another address, and they told me that I had to pay a new sum of 860 pounds. I want to pay the fines at the initial amount of £ 60 per fine because I do not consider it my fault because I changed my address in the documents and they did not send me any letter to the current address. Can you help me with some advice, what can I do to pay the fines at the initial amount and not the 860 pounds, because they told me today after talking to them that I will receive a letter in two days at the current address and then I have 7 days to pay the full amount of 860 pounds. thank you !
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Hello , i didn t talk with a lawyer about this . I live in UK , Warrington .
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I want to know what I need to do ... because they want to pay that amount of 860 pounds , and for what s happened it s not normal...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Who is the issuer of the fines?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only giveyou a general answer but I hope this helps.

Without knowing who the issuer is it is almostimpossible to comment. However I can say that if this were a local council finebut had been enforced by bailiffs then 860 pounds is really not that high.

It might be that you could make a statutorydeclaration but it depends what stage this is reached and why you didn't dealwith it earlier.

If you can come back then I would probably be able tooffer more

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.