12826847

I had a traumatizing experience at leisure centre where

Customer Question

I had a traumatizing experience at leisure centre where we've been harassed on one ocassion by instructor. I still feel anxious about it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I wrote complaint letter to ask refund or give another instructor but they've provided for 4 years old and not the same standard and level anyway because of new rules. I didn't go to the offered place as I don't feel like going there, even thinking about it going makes me feel anxious
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks. I would like to know if I had been discriminated in this situation. Management said the instructor didn't know she came across intimidating and offered a place in another lesson which is not the same level and on top of that I cant overcome feeling anxious about coming back to that place
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I prefer to text.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I understand you are busy. I will need to arrange to talk another time.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Iam sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are indifficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

I am sorry but it would be wrong of me to avoid givingyou the downside of your

position.

If you areasking whether you have a cause of action over the way that you have beentreated then sadly you do not

I can't immediatelysee any form of discrimination at all. It just seems to be the position thatyou did not like this instructor for whatever reason. They have made an offerwhich is more than they are under a duty to do but you were unwilling to acceptit.

You could alwayscomplain and maybe they will make some other offer but you should be aware thatthey have no obligation to make any offer at all

I am sorry but I haveto tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer toevery legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed tocourt.

The ultimate decisioncomes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in acriminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Just like with an appointment inreal life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank youagain for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarifyanything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if thecustomer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.