Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a question about holding deposit fee if it can be

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about holding deposit fee if it can be refunded
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just paid the holding deposit fee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah, I paid the holding deposit fee but I couldn't view the apartment before so basically my reference check and I wanna quit this offer because the agency didnt do it best to arrange the viewing of this apartment
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

The landlord or agent can only keep your holding deposit if you decide not to rent the property, misled the landlord or agent or failed immigration checks.

Tenant would lose the holding deposit if due to change of mind, tenant backs out of the tenancy, and decide not to rent the property

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

If you want to back out from your offer , then unfortunately you will lose your holding deposit.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.