Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Is it possible to obtain a persons criminal record please, I

Customer Question

is it possible to obtain a persons criminal record please
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I believe my granddaughters boyfriend has a criminal record and I wish to know what for
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Plymouth/Saltash area
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really - motoring offences or drugs may be
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

What makes you believe that may be the case? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query.

You cannot obtain a person’s criminal record unfortunately as that information will be protected under strict data protection laws, such as the GDPR. Only the person themselves, or parties with legitimate legal interests can request details of that person’s criminal record. These would most commonly include prospective employers who require a criminal records check to determine that person’s suitability for the employment they have offered them. Even then, the person’s consent will be required for the check to be carried out.

Therefore, you will have to get the person’s consent to be able to access their criminal record and I doubt you would want to do that as it will alert them that you are suspicious.

The alternative is to engage a private investigator who may be able to gain access to some information linked to his criminal past but it would be best to approach them first to see what their services can offer and if this is a feasible option.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

I hope that your query has been answered to your satisfaction. I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind you that if you needed any further clarification with this query, you should not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help. For now, thank you for using our services.