12826847

My the police came looking for my friend last night in the

Customer Question

hi my the police came looking for my friend last night in the middle of the night ,my friend visits me but does not stay with me .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wolverhampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: they left a message for him to go to police station
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not surewhat to do , should he go with a solicitor to the police station
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jo C., in brief, last night at 4am in the morning 4 uniform police officers (2 men + 2 women) parked their van at the front of my friend's property where I stay sometimes and banged on the door saying "police, open up". My friend's friend from Thailand who is staying there alone at present (during the night) worryingly answered the door and was shown an old passport-like pic of me and was asked if she knew me and if I was here. She replied "no", but they insisted on searching the place, although very briefly, saying, "this is the last known address for him", at the end of which saying to each other, "nothing here", then leaving by saying, "if you see him then tell him to present himself to Wolverhampton Police Station". When the Thai friend asked what its about, they simply said they want to speak to me, and asked if she knows where else I might be. She directed them to my friend's house where I stayed for several years prior, who was met with the same treatment. They hardly searched the place though and so missed the fact that some of my photos were on one was and some old mail was there in my name. Both these friends are females living on their own so it was very disturbing for them. I just need to know what I should do next to protect my safety, I am a buddhist monk practitioner who helps out for free at my friend's nutritional health Centre from time to time which is my only link to that address. Judging by their actions, what could this be about and how should I respond? I am currently undergoing bankruptcy proceedings and have had unpleasant dealings with past friends who do not know about the address visited, hence I am very worried.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

If you know the police are looking for you then it is muchbetter to make an appointment to surrender voluntarily. They will ultimately catch up with you and itwill probably be on a day when you have other plans.

You can either hand yourself into the police station or makean appointment. I would recommendhanding yourself in. It will take themhours to get organised and you will probably be in a cell while that happens.

If you make an appointment to surrender then they won'tarrest you in the meantime as they would prefer an appointment.

Also if you surrender voluntarily then it gets quitedifficult for anybody to justify remanding you in custody should that situationarise. It just builds up trust so that you can more easily get bail.

You can do that yourself or you can approach a solicitor andask them to make the appointment on your behalf. Some will. Some won't.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.