How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17319
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Can I get a copy of my telephone calls with my insurance

Customer Question

Can I get a copy of my telephone calls with my insurance company?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Conwy, North Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have made a claim for losing a hearing aid. The adjusters say that I am not covered for hearing aids. But I am certain that I was assured that I was. So, I should like to get a copy of the phone calls.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

what type of policy do you have?

and who with?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It is a house contents insurance with
Magnet Insurance Services Ltd
Newark Beacon
Cafferta way
NG24 2TN
Tel. 01636 858249
Policy No. HX170418
Expert:  F E Smith replied 18 days ago.

The first thing that you need to do is make a Subject Access Request, in writing for all the personal information they have on you. That should include all the personal information they have about you and any CCTV, recordings, and correspondence containing “personal information”.

Here is information to help you make the request:

they have 40 days to reply.

Ultimately, if they don’t agree to pay and there is no exclusion which they can rely on, then you need to make a complaint to the financial ombudsman.

There is a process that you need to go through although you can phone them, you will need to put everything in writing

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For FES only”.

You don’t need to do it on this thread, just a new thread. You have me exclusively on this one.

Thank you.

Best wishes.


Expert:  F E Smith replied 18 days ago.

Can I assist you any further with this? Please remember that I am always available to answer any follow-up questions that you may have and I am happy to deal with any new questions.

Kind regards