Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have just purchased a groupon voucher this morning for a

Customer Question

HI I have just purchased a groupon voucher this morning for a hair cut and highlights. I have phoned the salon to make an appointment and have been told they cancelled their contract with groupon in April.
JA: Which Groupon product do you have?
Customer: 1200-085189-916140 Identity Hair & Beauty Sale cheshire
JA: What have you tried so far with your Groupon software?
Customer: Have tried to ring groupon customer services on(###) ###-####4223 and their message is they are working from home and that they are not taking calls and that I should go to their support weebsite
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that the supplier said I am not the first person this has happened to.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just wish to gave my purchased cancelled as It has not gone through my account yet. But as you can't contact anybody at Groupon I am assuming this website can help me.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Hi there,

You have protection under the consumer rights act 2015, which provides if any product or service is purchased , it must must be “of a satisfactory quality”, “fit for purpose” and “as described”.

You can ask the Groupon to refund the cost of your voucher , plus any other cost that you have incurred for using their voucher. You have a right to reject their voucher and are entitled to a full refund.

If Groupon fails to refund you, then you can claim your cost via small claims court.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am sorry but I am not prepared to spend any more money on this. Thank you.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

You can initiate money claim online by using following web link-

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Before you start a court claim, you must send Groupon company, a letter before action, asking for the costs to be paid , within 14 days of the letter.

If the company fails to pay you within the given time, then you can proceed with the court claim, by using the above given web link

Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.