Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I require legal advice in order to respond to google, as

Hi, I require legal advice in order to respond to google, as below;
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Stephen M
1/5
DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY.!!! They are totally unprofessional. There are far better agencies in the area. We contacted Anne to arrange a night help for our 4 month old twins. After we agreed on a suitable candidate, Sam. She attended the first evening to help with out babies all went well. The following late.afternoon the following day we received an email from East Midland nannies demanding an £80 fee. Which was not a problem. As we were paying £150 per night for 4 nights per week and had committed up until Christmas. However we where total unaware of there terms n conditions and fees as nothing was send buy then on initial introduction. We asked what the fee was, was it daily, monthly fee or and introduction fee. No explanation was given. We then received an email late in the afternoon saying if you don’t pay. Your nanny will not come tonight just hours before we expedited her. I’ve ran business’s for over 30 year an have never been BLACKMAILED in this way by contract agencies. This a wholly unprofessional, aggressive company. Having left my wife in tears, we would strongly NOT recommend the company We have contacted a professional agency and know have a wonderful nanny.We couldn’t be happier Parents of Twins Stephen & VictoriaPlease copy and paste, or clearly identify, the exact text or content that you claim violates your rights under applicable law.Also, please explain the specific reasons why you believe the text or content violates your rights or is illegal under applicable law. It would be helpful if you could cite the specific law(s) of your country that you believe to be applicable to the content in question.If we do not receive further information from you as requested above, we will be unable to take further action on your removal reques
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i really need to know how to respond, if indeed I have a legal case in which google agree to remove the review in question.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
of course.

Hi there. Have you been provided with details of the violation that has occurred following this review?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
sorry, I don't understand the question

Sorry for being unclear. Have Google contacted you to say the review violates their terms?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, if they had they would have removed it. Initially they said it had not violated their terms. I escaped my complaint and thus is the response I received.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
escalated
Customer: replied 18 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. So as far as you are concerned, what statements are untrue or incorrect in the review?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The following late.afternoon the following day we received an email from East Midland nannies demanding an £80 fee.
The truth is that we had left numerous messages trying to discuss his plans and was only getting information from the maternity nurse.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
However we where total unaware of there terms n conditions and fees as nothing was send buy then on initial introduction. We asked what the fee was, was it daily, monthly fee or and introduction fee. No explanation was given.
They were totally aware that the fees were a weekly rate. The client decided that the rate he was paying the maternity nanny should include our fee. He said he did not pay his other contract agencies a separate fee.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
have never been BLACKMAILED in this way by contract agencies. This a wholly unprofessional, aggressive company. Having left my wife in tears....
We certainly did not blackmail this client. I actual fact it was the maternity nurse who withdrew her services after being cc into the emails between ourselves and the client. She felt she did not want to work for a client who apparently seemed reluctant to pay an agency fee. She felt there may be issues going forward with her getting paid. The client also asked her to drop the agency and said he would pay her more money if she went directly. She has worked for us for over 10 years and is very loyal and honest.

Thank you very much for clarifying. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation. Whilst reviews by customers are legal and possible, even if they do not place you in a good light, they must be truthful and factually correct. As long as someone is telling the truth, they can say whatever they want, even if it is a damning assessment of your services or conduct.

So the key here is to identify what the obviously incorrect statements are and challenge these. I would not concentrate on any trivial statements which do not have that much of an impact and go after the really serious ones, such as alleged blackmail.

Under law, the review could amount to corporate defamation or malicious falsehood. These basically occur when a false statement has been made about you or your company and it has damaged your reputation, or could do so.

See here for malicious falsehood:

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/guides/malicious-falsehood

The Defamation Act 2013 is relevant to your request and you can mention that too.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you very much Ben. You have been most helpful.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you again.

No worries, my pleasure