F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I just got cut of I would like some advice about

Customer Question

Hi I just got cut of I would like some advice about conveyencing
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wirral
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Its in tbe hands of solicitor.contract was supposed to have been sent over purchasers solicitor on 8th Oct.so search could be completed.but found out today that it hasnt
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been told that is a fee for something that is required upfront.but o havent been in work since february so have no money to pay anything.i th I ylthojghg everything was going to come out of estate on completion of sale
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

what is the fee for exactly? how much?

and who is asking for this fee?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's the ma agement company.its a flat that is for sale
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

If it is a property for sale, the management company will usually want a fee for replies to leasehold enquiries. They are not actually under a duty to provide those replies unless the lease says that they are and that would be unusual.

They will want the money upfront and unless there is money in the rest of the account with the solicitor to pay for it, then the solicitor will not stump up the money.

In respect of conveyancing in general, some solicitors will want money upfront, others will wait until the transaction is completed.

Other than the above, there is no reason why a contract should not have already been prepared and sent over to the buyer but the buyer won’t be able to proceed until they have replies to the leasehold enquiries.

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For FES only”.

You don’t need to do it on this thread, just a new thread. You have me exclusively on this one.

Best wishes.

FES