UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I am very vulnerable with a terminal lung fibrosis and can

Customer Question

I am very vulnerable with a terminal lung fibrosis and can do little for myself. My 2 friends agreed to take me on a 3 night narrowboat cruise where we would be self sufficient. They will be giving me care and assistance throughout steering the boat cooking meals etc. Now they are concerned that they are not able to with covid 19 new rules. I believe that it will be ok as they giving me care and assistance as my paid carers at home.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 2 of us in walsall one in sutton coldfield leaving from boat yard in Lancaster. All level 2 high.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: all 3 have been in quarantine ready to go on saturday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's the essence of it.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 6 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Hello can you confirm what your question is in relation to this please?

If you are asking if you are able to go or not, then as long as local government guidelines are followed I do not anticipate any issues. Boris Johnson announced a three tier Covid lockdown restrictions for England and different parts of England will be split up into 'medium', 'high' or 'very high' local Covid alert levels under the new system.

Subject to what tier your local area falls under will determine if you are able to go or not. You can find out the coronavirus restrictions in your area here https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions

If your area is under tier three it is very high and tougher restrictions are in place.

If it is under tier two, it is high however, two households may be allowed to meet outdoors in a private garden, as long as the rule of six and social distancing guidelines are followed. There is advice for people to minimise their journeys if they live in an area of 'high' alert.

If you are under Tier 2, and it is just the 3 of you, it appears you will be able to proceed although it will be frowned upon though it is different if you were in a tier 3 and very high where you could possibly get fined.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.