How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7023
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My ex partner is stating that due to Covid I can not see my

Customer Question

My ex partner is stating that due to Covid I can not see my 4 week old son as I work in Liverpool. I don’t live in Liverpool and my employer (LandRover jaguar) carry out all the necessary health and safety requirements as do I when I am at work. Is she correct in what she is saying or am I still able to see him as his Daddy?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the question and for your patience.

I personally think that you should still be able to see your son.

guidance for contact between parents and children, even in full lock down, was that there is a presumption it should take place as long as safety standards can be maintained.

I appreciate that there is no court order in place yet, but if there were, the following guidance would apply:

This should give you some reassurance that contact should go ahead.

I'm not aware of specific government guidance yet that states that where there are cities with local lockdowns contact between children and separated parents should not go ahead.

I hope that this answers your question?

Can I assist further today?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My ex partner has contacted me today saying that she wants my son to have her surname. We have an appointment on Friday to register him as there has been a delay in this process due to COVID. We had agreed he would have my surname and his health records have him with my name. Is there anything I can do to stop her registering him with her surname? Thanks
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Could you please post this as a new question for my attention? I'll happily pick it up for you and am online for the next few hours. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Found the information really useful.
Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

Happy to assist.