12826847

My son has been falsely accused of touching his girlfriends

Customer Question

My son has been falsely accused of touching his girlfriends neice innapropriately what should he do! He works with special needs children
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: The police haven't spoken to him but the allegation was made today
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Supposedly at his girlfriends when they where all sat together watching a movie
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

who made the allegation?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
His girlfriends 12 year old neice
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We don't have available funds
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is just advise on what steps he should take
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

To whom was the allegation made?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If your unable to help can you please refund my £5 thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Her school
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Have they made contact with him?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

So what is he trying to achieve?

On the face of it, nobody is acting against him yet? what does he want to do?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
All he knows is that she made the allegation at school, his girlfriend as asked him to leave the home, he doesn't want police arriving at his place of work as he works with special needs children and regardless of any outcome it will be on his records
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for the information

Sorry about his situation.

I'm not sure what he's hoping to achieve though. I understand that he's worried about this but what practically can be done at this stage is pretty much nothing. There is no allegation to the police so there is no point in offering to surrender.

It wouldn't be a good idea to offer to surrender before an allegation has been made.

It might be that nothing happens although I accept that is quite unlikely.

The police won't arrive at his workplace anyway. They will just invite him in voluntarily which he should obviously do to avoid being arrested in embarrassing circumstances.

The allegation will only show on his DBS checks at enhanced level if he is the subject of a police investigation. It won't show just because she has made a claim to the school.

I realise that the one tends to follow the other but it is not guaranteed

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what your saying is that he needs to do nothing until police get in touch, if they do can you recommend a legal aid solicitor, thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Yes, I can do that.

Where is he in the country roughly?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ls13 4lp
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Which is where?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Leeds, west yorkshire
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

You can try Abbey Solicitors here

https://www.abbeysolicitors.co.uk/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Noproblem.

Allthe best.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Rememberthat I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I amin Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For futureinformation, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmarkmy profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/