Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have requested a refund from travel company OPODO for

Customer Question

Hi, I have requested a refund from travel company OPODO for £2176 for a cancelled flight in April but they have refused to refund and blame the airline company Etihad who they claim will not release the funds. Etihad in turn blame OPODO. Please could you advise on my next course of action.
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: The purchase was made in December for an April 2020 flight to Bangkok for three people via OPODO
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have requested a refund by phone (four times) and by twitter message (four times). I have also asked the Nat West Bank to arrange a chargeback of the funds I am owed from the Opodo bank but they were unable to do so.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks I think I have provided enough detail for the lawyer to look at.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please could you update on my question above. Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Many thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,

If your flight got cancelled, then you are entitled to the full refund. As you have booked via travel company, you can claim from the travel company and not directly from the airline.

If the travel company is refusing to refund you for the cancelled air tickets, then you are well within your rights to initiate small court claim for the refund of the amount you have paid them.

You need to send a Letter before claim to the travel company, asking for the refund of the ticket cost within 14 days.

If the travel company fails to pay within the given time, then you can initiate court proceedings using the below weblink-

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.