12826847

I need help in writing a letter to a judge to ask for

Customer Question

I need help in writing a letter to a judge to ask for leniancy in his sentancing for me.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dorset England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a repeat offender in fraud. So I am going to crown court. However there is a lot of information for the judge to know. And I have the full support of probation services reach alcohol and drug services in submitting positive reports.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

I presume you have representation>?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello yes I do. Would it help if I give you a quick run down
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm really sorry I cannot afford a phone call. I don't have legal aid so I'm paying privately. I am happy to leave a contribution for help. I'm sorry.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the information

You can alwayswrite a letter to the judge. Defendants do regularly. The question is whetherit achieves anything.

There isn'tlikely to be much that you can say in a letter that counsel cannot say to thejudge . Also that would have the advantage of having counsls view of anythingthat goes before the judge.

However, if youare intent, then you can write to the judge. It is usually a good idea and safeenough to express remorse. You might want to offer some information about whythe offence was committed.

It will be avery good idea show this to your barrister without sending it anywhere thoughespecially if you were going to comment on why you committed the offence as itmay do more harm than good.

The only pointto these things is either to express remorse or to show that you are a reformedcharacter. If you can't do one of those things then it would be better to leaveit to your barrister

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Hopefully, I haveanswered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anythingremains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In themeantime, thank you once again for using our services.