How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35954
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Jo, London Borough of Hillingdon, I had a court order to

Customer Question

Hi Jo,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London Borough of Hillingdon
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I had a court order to keep a distance from my ex girlfriend back in December 2018
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This didn't include my Daughter (now 6 years old)
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have abided by all of the rules. My ex was even dropping my daughter fortnightly to my mum's home where I was living at the time.
On occasion I was even asked to drive my daughter back home when my Ex had car issues... I didn't breach any order then.
My ex got engaged last christmas, she then said I'd breached the 'no contact' order by sending money to her account for my daughter.
I understand we had an argument and I said some bad things. This was nearly 2 years ago. I haven't had anything on paper to say I can't see my daughter. I just need some advice in how I go about trying to see her? She's still very young and I fear she'll forget me if I don't do something.... I also fear I could get in lots of trouble if I contact her.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this whole thing is breaking my heart on a daily basis.
Thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will attach an image of the original court order in a moment.
I don't have it electronically so it'll be in Jpeg format.
Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

When did you last see your daughter

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I last saw her in August 2019
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
From the December 2018, My ex was dropping her to my mums house on a fortnightly basis.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'd like to think my ex would be fair and let me see her - I just don't know for sure and I don't want to end up in prison because I've contacted her.... I also don't want to do nothing and it look like I don't care.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need a solicitor to tell me what I need to do... That way I do things correctly and I don't mess it up.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you still there Clare?
Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

The law says that your daughter is entitled to a close relationship with both parents and teh ocurts will enforce this if necessary

Your starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a local family mediator to obtain the ecrtificate which you need to make the application to the court which is done using a Form C100 and paying the fee of £215.

YOu should get a solicitor to write to your ex first to see if contact can be resumed without this

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if youneed further details

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Clare, thank you for the above.
My twin sister is mediator between us, although she has recently got married, has a puppy and pregnant.
SHe doesn't seem to want to help me with anything.. Can you please let me know if I'm able to fill out the C100 form without her?.. .If not I know she'll do this for me if I tell her exactly what she needs to do.
Again, thank you for your help
Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

You need to see a qualified FamilY Mediator (not a member of your family)

You then fill in the C100 afterwards

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Clare... I'll look into that now.
Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome