Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Paid £5 waited for reply Nothing screen cleared - blank.

Customer Question

Paid £5 waited for reply Nothing screen cleared - blank. This a scam
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Henley on Thames
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Are you going to answer my question
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: answer my question
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 8 days ago.

Hello, thank you for the update sadly I cannot see your question. If you could repost if for me here then I can see if I can answer it for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Will I be charged VAT and/or duty on an original artwork bought as a present for my wife from USA? Costing £3000

Thank you. Firstly, any VAT should be included in the price that you pay for the product unless otherwise stated. As it is coming from the US then perhaps not VAT however, depending on which state then it will likely be applicable to other taxation. If you contact the seller they will be able to inform you what taxation is applicable (if any). It is also likely that you will have to pay duty on this. However it really depends on the what the artwork its. I have provided a useful link here;

https://customsdutyfree.com/customs-or-import-duty-for-original-artwork-engravings-prints-lithographs-and-wall-art-to-united-kingdom/

Which may help you determine if or what duty would be applicable. The duty which requires to be paid for the artwork will be payable upon entry to the UK from the US.