Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Are holidays to india still happening. New Delhi, Jaipur,

Customer Question

Are holidays to india still happening.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New Delhi, Jaipur , Arab and Goa
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Travel agent was asked if trip was still on 8/10 he said it was but the flight has been changed from 3/11 to 2/11
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe that visitors to india have to quarantine for 14 days and and a further 14 days on return to u.k.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,

For containing the spread of COVID-19, international commercial passenger air services are currently suspended however to travel to India is possible via Vande Bharat flights or third country flights.

There is 14 days quarantine requirement on landing in India and on return back to the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Not on smart phone, cannot read message on mobile
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We do not want to go to India . We booked the holiday Aug 2019 have paid the initial deposit and final payment.
My daughter is 12 weeks pregnant. How are we expected to go on a holiday for 10 days and be in quarantine for 14 days . How can I get a full refund?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

Your refund would depend entire on the booking agreement. If the booking is non-refundable and nothing to suggest otherwise in the terms and conditions of the bookings then unfortunately you can not get refund .

If the flight is operating, their part of the contractual obligation is getting completed.

For instance, if it gets cancelled due to COVID 19, then your contract becomes impossible to perform, or can only be performed illegally, it will attract “Doctrine of frustration”. As the contract is not possible to complete, then travel agents /airlines are required to refund any bookings as they can not perform their part ,offering the promised services to customers

Thank you and all the best.