12826847

How can I drop the charges against, how can I drop the

Customer Question

Hello, how can I drop the charges against
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi, how can I drop the charges against my boyfriend for domestic violence?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I made the complaint, he was arrested and place on bail, and the trial was set to January
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Is this is a domestic by any chance?

Have you done this before?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My English is no so good
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We are together for 10 years , is the first time that happens, and I want to drop the charges
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But I don't know how to do that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Have you made a statement?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for theinformation and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give yougood news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

I’m afraid they can be very heavyhanded now. It is not really in thepublic interest in my view.

They will almostcertainly summons you if you are not already. Their current policy is to summons reluctant witnesses.

If you attend courtand resile from your statement they will just put your original statement toyou hearsay

The only realoption is to stay away although they may try to introduce your statementhearsay but it is weaker then. Butequally they may get a summons and arrest you on a witness warrant.

You do have theoption of attending court and answering every question with the words “nocomment”. You are not a hostile witnessthen so they can’t use your evidence hearsay.

That said, you maybe in luck and they may let you retract.

I'm sorry thisisn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have aduty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps.Please let me know if you need more information.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simpleand easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happyto clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using ourservices.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thanksfor the information and the time.

I'm sorrythis isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and Ihave a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hopethis helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Just like with an appointment in real life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if the customer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.