12826847

I had a letter for 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' came in

Customer Question

I had a letter for 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' came in yesterday with the following alleged offence: 'Drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road / in public place without reasonable consideration to other users () (Contrary to section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.) at 07:42 hrs on 30/09/2020 at A406, Ilford, IG1.I can't what the offence might have been. I do know I was driving the kids to school on the day.Can you kindly advise on my options to proceed with this as I wouldn't want to incur 3 - 9 points on my license as that would thus affect my livelihood.Many thanks.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: A406, Ilford, IG1
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I need to fill the driver information request form and send it to Met Prosecutions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to what mu options are in order not to incur 3 - 9 points on my license and how to find out what the exact offence is
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will rather chat than call
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

I'm not sure what you want to do at this stage.

If this is a section 172 request then you don'thave any option but to respond naming the driver. If you do not do that thenthey will just charge you with failing to identify which carries more pointsthan the main offence and a much higher fine .

There is no point in naming the driver andsending in correspondence that effectively argues that you didn't commit thesubstantive offence. All that will do is tip them off to any defence.

All you do at this stage is name the driver.

If they subsequently prosecute you and you wantto defend it then the time to do that is in court.

There is no point at this stage.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is therw any way to actually find out what the offence is under the act?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Not really. You can obviously ask,anybody can ask anything. They will probably not tell you and even if they dothey are not bound to prosecute that offence.

But judging from what you've said,isn't it probably careless driving?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This was the alledged offence:Drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road / in public place without reasonable consideration to other users () (Contrary to section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.) at 07:42 hrs on 30/09/2020 at A406, Ilford, IG1
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Yes, that is careless driving.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. I will fill the form and send it over
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Remember that I am always available tohelp with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usuallypick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start yourquestion with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** have a pleasant day.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

and you.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Just like with an appointment inreal life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank youagain for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarifyanything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if thecustomer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.