Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I am currently not working and wanted to know what help im

Customer Question

I am currently not working and wanted to know what help im in tilted too, i have received jobseekers allowance but now received a letter this will be ending soon.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Bearsted near Maidstone Kent, i have worked in a high paid job all my life, i have no idea what help i can receive,im also a single mum.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have tried supporting myself for months using all my savings and inheritance money and just claimed the jobseekers to help me keep my head above water but all funds have gone now.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i dont think so
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is anyone able to help with my question?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 12 days ago.

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you for your enquiry. This is not something I can answer definitely as every single person who is entitled to help is assessed on an individual basis. However, it is the case that a lot of people are not claiming everything they are entitled to, there are millions of pounds every year in unclaimed benefits.

However, the best thing you can do is enlist the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have appointed benefits advisers who are experts in this matter. If you go to them with all your documents then they will be able to assess the situation for you. The Citizens Advice also have programme called QBC this will allow them to input all of your information and do an assessment on your individual situation without having to contact the DWP. This QBC system will also be able to highlight and identify any benefits you may be entitled to but are not qualifying at the moment. If you application is rejected then the CSA can help you with any mandatory reconsideration as well as potentially provide you with representation at a benefits tribunal should this become necessary.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross