james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My friend is getting evicted becuase the land lady is

Customer Question

my friend is getting evicted becuase the land lady is selling the house what are he rights as a tenent please
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
Does your friend have a tenancy agreement?

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If your friend has a tenancy agreement and that agreement is still active, then her rights as a tenant will automatically transfer with the sale of the property. The new owner would be purchasing the property with a sitting tenant.

The tenancy would normally only come to an end at the specified time in the agreement.

The owner may ask the tenant to leave early and offer to pay for the change and what wold be a breach of contract.

I hope this helps, please come back I can assist further.