Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I am being taken to small claims court by a customer. She

Customer Question

I am being taken to small claims court by a customer.
She hasn't defamed me in public but she is personal messaging people on facebook and criticising me.
Can i use this in my case/defense against her?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

The other party's messages probably do not have any direct effect on the issues of the claim, but you may use them as part of your document disclosure and witness evidence as they may paint the claimant's character in a poor light i.e. unreasonable, emotive and unreliable.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd