How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1550
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I need to speak with a solicitor regarding a business

Customer Question

I need to speak with a solicitor regarding a business dispute
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will continue to wait. Thank you
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 16 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 16 days ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

I note that you have not replied to my request for further information. I shall therefore post a “general answer” to your type of legal issue. Please revert to me if I am mistaken as to your type of legal issue or the answer does not fit the facts of your situation and I shall be delighted to amend my answer accordingly.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

If the other party have terminated the contract before the expiry of its fixed term or notice period and have not alleged an actual, material or repudiatory breach of the contract on your part, then they have terminated the contract in breach and may be liable to pay you damages for your losses.

Damages for breach of contract will be the other party’s payments for the remainder of the fixed term, or the notice period for termination of the contract. You must present the defendant with a civil claim and issue court proceedings in the County Court.

If your expected damages are under £10,000, you may issue court proceedings via the Government’s Small Claims Track Online System: The issue fee will be no more than £410.00. A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track. However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”). The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.

However, if your expected damages are between £10,000 and £25,000, the claim will be allocated to the Fast Track, and if damages are over £25,000, it will be allocated to the Multi Track. These tracks are much more formal and legally technical, and it is expected that both parties will instruct solicitors. The normal rule on the Fast and Multi Tracks is that the winning party (either at a Final Hearing, or through a negotiated settlement) can expect to receive most of their legal costs from the losing party.

If your claim is worth over £10,000, I strongly recommend that you instruct specialist commercial dispute resolution and court litigation solicitors to advise you and conduct the litigation. If you cannot afford legal costs upfront, you should contact your home or business insurers and ask if they will cover your legal costs under a legal expenses insurance policy. They will either pay your solicitors’ fees or appoint a law firm on their panel of solicitors to act for you.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I already paid for a premium call and am waiting to be called.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please call me I paid for a call 2 days ago and was told to wait till they get an expert to call me. I am still waiting for that call
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

It appears that you started a thread previously which was picked up by another expert and that you requested a Premium Service Phone Call which was not taken up by an Expert. This is your second thread on this issue which I have picked up.

Like you, I am a site user, so I do not have access to your account details or charges. However, Customer Service will be glad to help you. Please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of your page or use this link to contact Customer Services:

Kind regards