james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a product that has just run out of the warranty.by 14

Customer Question

hello i have a product that has just run out of the warranty.by 14 days. Can i still ask the provider to supply me the fixture for free at his discretion or do claims for parts have to fall within the specified date of the warranty please
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the product was purchased on 19 aug 2015 and had a 5 year warranty. I need to claim for a part that is not working and have been advised that it is out of warranty because it is now Oct. Can I still ask for them to be a little more accommodating due to the pandemic as money is tight or can I get replacement part at a reduced price please?
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
I am sorry to hear that your item has gone wrong only 14 days out of warranty, that is very unfortunate.

Sorry to say that if the warranty has ended then there is no obligation on the other party to supply any part for free.

They may do so if you ask as a gesture of good will, but it would be completely optional on there part.

You could ask if there is a discount available as the item has only just gone out of warranty? Again that is optional.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Good response and sdvice
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.