SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Dear Ms Wilson I am helping a young man who has been issued

Customer Question

Dear Ms WilsonI am helping a young man who has been issued a committal to prison order in the Barnet Family Court for alleged breach of a non-molestation order and contempt of court.
This was served to him via Facebook only, in March this year although the plaintiff’s solicitors had his email address, his address and his mother’s address (can be proved).He only learnt about the order a few weeks ago as his Facebook account had been deactivated until then (can also be proved).Fearing imprisonment, he has not surrendered himself to the police.He needs a solicitor to present his case and hopefully rescind the committal order but cannot afford the fees. I understand that you assist people in this predicament under Legal aid and would be grateful if you would please take on his case. Further details and documents will follow.With thanks in anticipation of your reply, I look forward to hearing from you.Yours sincerelyMaurice Laniado
07711 670 921-***** London NW2 1SH.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: none as solicitor needed
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Order issued by Barnet family court. Client lives in Luton
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

This is a question and answer website, so unfortunately none of the experts can take on the case.

However you can find registered and accredited solicitors here on the Law Society website: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

You can check here whether he is entitled to legal aid or not: https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  4. This is a Question & Answer site.