How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11619
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Would like register a complaint, hawick, gone threw the

Customer Question

Hi would like register a complaint
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: hawick
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: gone threw the bank
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: regarding 4.469 payment was made
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hi, this is Jim, thank you for the question - I will resolve this for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

You are covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 here which means you have a right to expect a service (from the bank) carried out with reasonable care and skill.

You should now make a formal complaint and if that does not resolve the matter ask them for a "deadlock letter", which is a letter giving their final response. Your bank will have a complaints policy on their website.

Once you have the deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Ombudsman - they will investigate and liaise with the bank which would hopefully result in a refund of the money lost. They can order the bank to make a financial award for inconvenience if they have acted badly (which they have in my view).

You can make the complaint here :

Based on the circumstances, assuming the bank does not uphold your complaint, the Ombudsman may do. The Ombudsman will look at this case independently and will make a decision based on what happened. Their decision is binding on the bank, but not you. So you would not be bound in law to follow their decision. If the Ombudsman did not find in your favour, therefore, you then have the option of suing the bank for breach of your consumer rights and you have up to 6 years to bring a claim to the court (the limitation period is 6 years from your date of loss, to when you need to issue a claim).

I hope this helps and answers the question - please feel free to ask me anything else.

Have a good day,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I’m just checking to see if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or address anything else for you.

Many thanks,