Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Just need to know if i can fly from London to Dallas texas

Customer Question

just need to know if i can fly from London to Dallas texas now
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: sorry UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just info at the moment
Expert:  Kasare replied 6 days ago.

Hi thanks for your question, I am Kas, a solicitor of England & Wales and will assist you today.

I just need a little more information please. What is the purpose of your travel? Are you a British national or American?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
type is ok thanks Kas to see my friend i am british national
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
its just the covid problem and i am from Kidderminster, worcestershire
Expert:  Kasare replied 6 days ago.

Hi, sorry the telephone call is an automated system request, just ignore that for now.

I am afraid that since March following the Presidential Proclamation and the subsequent proclamation issued May 24, 2020, it is not possible for British nationals to enter the USA if they have been in the UK (and also Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil, or China) within the previous 14 days.

US citizens and permanent residents of the USA, certain specified close family members and certain other limited categories of visa holders (such as UN staff and diplomats) are exempt. They will still be able to enter the USA, subject to normal entry requirements.

Based on the information you have given to me, I am afraid the answer is no.

I am sorry I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear. Hopefully things will change in the future. I would suggest you sign up to the government travel advisory service where you can receive the most up to date alerts about this - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
many thanks
Expert:  Kasare replied 6 days ago.

No problem. Hopefully we will all be able to travel to see family and friends soon. Best wishes