How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1516
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I would like to ask about opening my own business, I'm from

This answer was rated:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to ask about opening my own business
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm from Northampton, weston favell area
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just need to know how to start and I had a thought that you can help me out what I suppose to do first
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also I'd like to know how I can claim any support from government for start little business

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
of course I still need to my questions be answered

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

You need to register a new limited company at Companies House. You can do this online via the Companies House Online website. New applications are usually approved within two working days from receipt. You should check that your intended name is ***** ***** in use and is not misleading. For example, your company name should not include “Solicitor” or “Law Firm” if you do not provide legal services and are not authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

As a limited company, you will enjoy the protection of separate legal personality. Your business and personal assets will be entirely separate, and your business’s creditors will not be able to pursue your personal monies and property for business debts and other liabilities.

However, in return for the benefit of separate corporate legal personality comes the onerous requirements of openness, transparency and a certain degree of publicity in your company’s affairs. You must file Annual Returns and Accounts at Companies House in accordance with their deadlines.

I strongly recommend that you retain the services of a qualified accountant. They will be able to register you at HM Revenue & Customs as “self-employed” and be able to manage your accounts and tax liability via a secure cloud-based provider such as Xero, Zoho and Free Agent. Your accountant will prepare your Annual Returns and Confirmation Statements and file these at Companies House.

A commercial solicitor can also draft business, employment and property contracts for you and manage your business affairs and deal with any potential disputes that may arise.

If you are starting out on your own, you can be a sole director and shareholder of the company. The company will be incorporated with the Model Articles of Association of the Companies Act 2006.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much sir can you also tell me how and from where I can get any financial support from government for start?

There is plenty of useful advice from the .Gov website and Citizens Advice.

However, businesses need to instruct their own solicitors at cost. You will not get Legal Aid or Welfare Support for business matters.

I am delighted that I have resolved your enquiry.

Please give me a five-star rating on the Portal to close this thread.

I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter and of course for safely navigating the current “choppy waters” in which we all find ourselves. :)

Kind regards


Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1516
Experience: Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Ed Turner and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much I'll contact you if I have any further questions. Have a good day.Best regards