12826847

I ahve received a court order for a parking eye payment for

Customer Question

I ahve received a court order for a parking eye payment for being 23 mins over. On receipt of letter one I sent them a copy of a bank statement showing I was in the pub and a transaction had been made. i received a letter thanking me for the correspondence and requestiong evidence, to which I replied 'you already have it. Another letter in April requeting payemnt, again I referred them to the previous evidence, no response. today a county court judgement letter for £175 tuerned up. (I paid it today) but they have not acknowledged my eveidence and is £175 charge a reasonable amount for an overstay of 23 minutes. Thank you. Karen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No, England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Apeal letter with eveidence
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I ahve received a court order for a parking eye payment for being 23 mins over. On receipt of letter one I sent them a copy of a bank statement showing I was in the pub and a transaction had been made. i received a letter thanking me for the correspondence and requestiong evidence, to which I replied 'you already have it. Another letter in April requeting payemnt, again I referred them to the previous evidence, no response. today a county court judgement letter for £175 tuerned up. (I paid it today) but they have not acknowledged my eveidence and is £175 charge a reasonable amount for an overstay of 23 minutes. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Are you asking if you can do anything about this now?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry, after just paying £175 then £5 to just answer I cant afford any more money, especially in the present Covid situation. Sorry to have bothered you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

It's no problem. I can answer thisonline although I'm not clear what your question is.

If you have paid it already then youcannot have it set aside. I suppose you could try but it is likely to berefused.

In legal theory I suppose you couldSue the private land company if you are saying that you did not park unlawfullyalthough it is likely to be refused because you have paid.

If you ask a specific question I canprobably offer more

what you do need to do though is have thismarked satisfied unless it is within 28 days of judgement. If it is within 28days of judgment then it will drop off your credit racing automatically. If itis not then it will not but you can have it marked satisfied which scores muchbetter

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Just like with an appointment in real life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if the customer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.